Family Contest

My two uncles and I are having a gardening contest and they are saying they can beat me just because they are older than me and have more experience (I'm very young). Even though that may be true, I think I can win because I have the help of the Internet on my side. They garden with advice only from old books and magazines. I already have a bit of a head start because I've started some seeds indoors already. Plus, even with school, I have more time on my hands than they do, so I can garden more often (besides, I have summer vacation whereas they still have to work in the summer). Our competition is mostly for our vegetable gardens, so any tips, tricks, and advice you can give me is really appreciated.

Reply to
clevermonkey

Clever Monkey, You are biting off a big chunk & we may be able to help. What area do you live? What tools are available to you? Is there a local office of the County Extension Service where you can take soil samples to have analyzed, so you can determine what nutrients are needed. The folk there will also be a big help on the local level. The internet is great for getting information, but sometimes locals can help better. Hang tight & don't give up!!

Tom J X veggie Gardner

Reply to
Tom J

I'm in zone 8a, in Western Washington.

Reply to
clevermonkey

Good for you.

Don't forget your umbrella, raincoat and rubber boots. Its gonna be another wet one.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........