Fall crops for pots

The cukes are coming down this weekend. They gave their all and I had a great crop. So now I will have 3 22 inch planters sitting idle. This is zone 9. Any ideas what would be a good fall crop that would grow in pots? I am thinking Brussels sprouts at the moment. Maybe broccoli?
Paul M. Cook wrote:

Lettuces, kale, radishes should all do well.
gloria p
Paul M. Cook wrote:

Brassicas, peas, spinach, chard, lettuce, chicory, rocket, other cutting greens.
David

those brassicas that can tolerate some warm weather; potatoes; rosemary; parsley; sage; chives; basil; green onions; tomatoes all do well in containers. Of course, potatoes and tomatoes must be protected from chill. With an early start, you can get some cukes and yellow squash but temperatures <mid-40's (F) will take them out, covered or no. Same for basil. In southern 9a, established bell peppers and eggplant overwinter in containers, not so well in beds, and they _must_ be in full sun. Of course, they must be covered at night and on those days that temps don't get out of the 40's.They'll hiatus when overnight lows reach mid-40's and may get frostbit when colder but, if the root crown survives, you'll have very very early yield from both. "English" garden peas thrive from fall through spring but I don't think they're suited to containers, YMMV. Dunno, never tried.     In 9a, collards and cabbages do well and should carry until May-June but those brassica that require long cool seasons do not. For example, I optimistically continue to grow cauliflower with spotty results but have totally given up on Brussel's sprouts and broccoli because where I live we simply don't have enough contiguous cool-to-chilly days for them to be reliable. North of Brooksville or further inland, though, you may have more success.     Although south of it, I am near enough to Brooksville, FL, for the data found here: <http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?refer=&sh437 toapply. Beware the potential fallacy of averages....
From my diary (American style dates, y'all; month/day/year):
Curly leaved mustard greens planted 10/1/09; removed 3/15/09 - bolting     no spring (Feb.) planting; Broad leaved mustard greens planted 10/14/09; removed 3/15/09 -bolting     no spring (Feb.) planting; Turnips planted 10/1/09; final harvest (entire plants) 3/11/10     no spring (Feb.) planting; "Creole" collards planted 10/14/09; removed mid-June '10 - heat stress; "Little Marvel" peas planted 10/4/09; removed 4/27/10;     Two spring crops (Feb and Mar) lost to downy mildew (5/1) and heat stress (5/31) respectively.
--
Jeeezus Cheerist! Look at all them words!
the Balvenieman