Electric fuel pump turn off switch

i've got a Snapper 14.5 HP with a 38" cut. it's got the B & S motor with the electric fuel pump. i have to turn a small knob in the fuel line to cut off gas to the fuel pump or it will fill up the oil reservoir with gas after the motor is turned off. my question is: is it possible to hook up something so when i turn the engine off the gas will also stop flow? maybe something in the ignition to tell the fuel pump to halt the fuel from going any further? this is something that bit me in the butt today. i forgot to turn the knob the last time (about a week ago) i mowed and today had to drain the oil because it was full of gas.

please let me hear your brainstorming on what possibilities i might have.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tim

Reply to
t4duzan

solenoid valve in fuel line open when energized

Reply to
beecrofter

please elaborate.

Reply to