Elderly lady needs your advice about weed cutters

Hello you all,
I am an elderly lady and I am looking for a weed cutter or weed eater but none of these electrical. They scare the hell out of me. I am looking for a mechanical one.
In the past, I used a grass shear to cut certain area of my lawn but they are like scissors and I have to stand up and go down and stand up and go down and that makes me often groggy.
I would like something with a long handle that I don't have to go on my knees all the time.
I am not the strongest person, so, l the weed cutter should not be that heavy. But of course I still can hold a broom.
I found some links and would like to know if any of you know these tool and how difficult they are to operate.
Have a look here:
http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.com/83-524-weed-cutters.aspx?viewAll=&sortBy=PRICE-LtoH
Is there any you would recommend? And how strong do you have to be to operate them? Do you think a 72 old lady can carry one of these and use one of these?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Helen
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.com/83-524-weed-cutters.aspx?viewAll=&sortBy=PRICE-LtoH
like dandelions you need to dig up roots. For them, you are better to use a spray herbicide or the root digger with the long handle.