Eco gardens

Hey, what's everyone's thoughts on Eco gardens? I have recently come across 'John Walker's' (http://tinyurl.com/7hsg9xr ) articles and I've found them particularly insightful, especially 'The carbon conundrum | John Walker’s renewable gardening | Gardening Tips & Blogs' (http://tinyurl.com/d82kvjj ).
I find the whole concept of global warming etc.. and its effects on how we garden and indeed how we live very interesting.
--
Steve_Mason