Early Earwig Control

I am looking for an granular/chemical product for earwigs. Is there anything I can do to stop them before they come out? Any help would be greatly appreciated suggestions?
Thanks!
Can you describe the damage that these earwigs are doing?
They werent really doing damage. I just had a bunch of them in my garage & basement. It was last August when they started showing up. I just want to try to stop the problem BEFORE it starts.
bmw wrote:

What is the problem?

USDA Zone 8
The earwigs! I want them in my house. I was wonder if there was a way to get rid of them BEFORE the start coming into the house.
Thanks!

You do?
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Oops, I DONT want them in my house!!!!
Well, earwigs like cool, moist, dark places to hang out during the day, which probably explains their presence in the garage and basement. Doubt there's anything in the garage or basement they'd be interested in, as they usually eat plant material. Granted, they are ishy and a lot of folks don't want bugs in the house. Were you finding a lot of them, or one or two here and there? If only an occasional invader in the basement, it could have come in hiding under or in a basket of laundry or something else brought in from outside.
Your best bet this year, before they find their way indoors, is to seal them out. Caulk when the foundation meets the house and around all your windows and screens. Obviously, they don't need much of an opening to find their way inside.
If you did find a lot inside, make newspaper traps for them. Open a section a newspaper once, so it's a long rectangle. Roll it up into a tube. Squish one end closed and dampen. Since they like cool, dark, moist places to spend daylight hours, check your traps in the morning. If you've caught any, squish the other end shut and dispose.
Good luck!
Suzy O, Zone 5 Wisconsin

Yeech! Earwigs already? Or are you just anticipating their arrival?
Suzy O, Wis., Zone 5

Anticipating their arrival.
Vacuum them up. No sense living in a toxic cloud over bugs that are mostly just an esthetic issue.