Double Bird-of-Paradise

Our BoP plant is producing mostly double blooms this year. I'm wondering how ususual that is..? This is the first year of three owning this plant that we've seen this happen.

See:

for a photo of one of them.

Reply to
Larry Jandro

Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same plant. This is not unusual.

Reply to
animaux

On 03 Nov 2003, animaux tapped on a keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Thanks, and excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference between a "double bloom" and "two blossoms"..?

It's just that in the past two years, we've not had this. Maybe the plant goes through cycles every few years..?

Reply to
Larry Jandro

A double blossom is a single flower with modified flower parts.

Two blossoms are two completely separate flowers that happen to appear at the same time.

Now you can go back to jerking off!!!

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

I didn't say you were ignorant. Double blooms usually have a fuller bloom on one blossom. It would have double ruffles, something in that order. Two blossoms are not unusual as a plant gets older and has more vigor to produce flowers.

Reply to
animaux