Double Bird-of-Paradise

Our BoP plant is producing mostly double blooms this year. I'm wondering how ususual that is..? This is the first year of three owning this plant that we've seen this happen.
See: http://tinyurl.com/thpt for a photo of one of them.
--
Larry Jandro - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"Lord, are we worthy of the task that lies before us,
Those are not double blooms. They are two blossoms on the same plant. This is not unusual.
opined:

keyboard and the electrons formed this:

Thanks, and excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference between a "double bloom" and "two blossoms"..?
It's just that in the past two years, we've not had this. Maybe the plant goes through cycles every few years..?
--
Larry Jandro - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"Lord, are we worthy of the task that lies before us,
A double blossom is a single flower with modified flower parts.
Two blossoms are two completely separate flowers that happen to appear at the same time.
Now you can go back to jerking off!!!
tapped on a

opined:

I didn't say you were ignorant. Double blooms usually have a fuller bloom on one blossom. It would have double ruffles, something in that order. Two blossoms are not unusual as a plant gets older and has more vigor to produce flowers.