does anyone know what type rose this is?

Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no ID with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and the price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the company online, but no luck. Of course the people at walmart don't have a clue. Does anyone know what type it is? I would like to know the name and the characteristics of the plant itself. I know from my other roses that different type roses prefer different lighting, amounts of water, etc.
It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom, the pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter color pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the colors were red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a different color variation.
Should be able to copy and paste the links to your browser or to just click. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try something else.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose009.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose008.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose007.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose006.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose005.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose004.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose003.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose002.jpg[/IMG]
Hope they work!......................
Thanks, Rachael
begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`@`"`( ``,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````"``(`0 ("A%$`.P`` ` end
Rachael Simpson wrote:

http://www.natures-heritage.com/ is the website of Van Wingerden Int
A bit confusing since they also go by the name of natures-heritage, but look at bottom right of web page. They do indeed sell miniature roses to Walmart.
Email address is: snipped-for-privacy@natures-heritage.com
Thanks, I checked out the site, and sent them an email. Didn't know that the two companies were one and the same. I never turned up anything that would link the two companies in my search. Appreciate it!
Rachael

You left out the most important thing - is it fragrant? :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Ha, yeah I guess i did then..........

well, it smells good to me. I only like the good smelling kind! (lol) Kinda the same smell as the "scentsational" to me. Just a bit more subtle. Have to really get close to it to smell it, but "boy, oh, boy" does it smell good!

Wow, really? I've got Scentsational, it's wonderful! I'll have to go to Wally-World and check it out.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
expounded:

My wally world (didn't know folks outside of NC called it that too...lol...) had the rose on the inside of the garden center there where they keep the bamboo and violets. If you happen to see one like the one I got, if it has any ID with it, will you please let me know? I emailed the company, but who knows if I'll ever hear anything back.........
Scentsational is one of my favorites, I got to get me another one. After 8 years, it didn't survive this past winter..........it had started blooming already when the last freeze hit. Not looking like it's gonna bounce back. Been waiting to see if it will.
Rae

I think that's pretty universal now :o)

Will do! I've got several stores to check out, we're going up to Maine this weekend, so I'll poke around up there, too.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I don't kow for certain what your rose is - but there's a full size rose called Candy Cane that is similarly coloured and shaped. Hope that gets you a bit closer. Cheers,
``,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````"``(`0 ("A%$`.P``

I had compared it to the Candy Cane, then there's the Pinstripe, and the Scentimental. But they are red in color with stripes, not pink. I don't know if they have color variations under the same name or not though.
Thanks for the input! Rae
Check out Peppermint Twist. Mine is kinda a hot pink.
Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose009.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose008.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose007.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose006.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose005.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose004.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose003.jpg[/IMG]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose002.jpg[/IMG]

Haha, FOUND IT! we were all so close, thanks to a search i did on the "candy cane' and the "peppermint twist" i found it on www.weeksroses.com. i believe it must be a mini version of the climber "candy land".
Still not completely sure, but this is the closest i've found.
thanks, and if anyone could verify, appreciate it!
Rae
ps: ignore typing skills again, once again typing while holding baby. (we're in the final stages of cutting first 2 teeth. ill-city!)

Where did you find it at that site? I can't find it, darn it, and I'd love to get one.

Here's the link to the page that "candy land" is on:
http://www.weeksroses.com/climbers.php
However, that one is a climber, not a miniture, so I'm not sure if that's what I have myself. Now, the roses on my bush have changed in color from the pink/white they started out with, to a lavendar/white mix, so I still don't have a clue what type I have. "Candy Land" is the closest thing I found, before my roses' color change. Emailed the manufactor, still haven't heard anything. Oh, well. It's still pretty and still smells good.........
Rae

Thanks!
funny - now the pink stripes on the blossoms on my rose bush are turning lavendar..........i don't have a clue what variety it is now. gonna start doing research on it again