distorted leaves

Pepper plants in large pots AND brugs in the ground elsewhere, all in my backyard, have new growth that is assymetrical, small, distorted, as if the very young leaf-let is being damaged when it emerges or is somehow malformed.
any ideas or is there more data I should try to collect?
carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

On Mon, 08 May 2006 22:30:31 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Sounds like cyclamen mites, although I don't know if they attack either of those plants.
Jim Shaffer wrote:

Thanx for responding! A little googling (the new term for 'research') leads me to believe it could be a mosaic virus likely transmitted by aphids. Seems viruses can overwinter in some host plants then be transfered to other plants in the spring. Well, they list Jimson weed as a host, it is a Datura, and related to Brugmansia. So I fear mt Brugs were hosting the virus and now the peppers have been infected. I dunno if there is any treatment other that destroying everything though. Plus, we'd like to eat the peppers so it limits my treatment options to no/low toxicity stuff.
sigh
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)