yellowing pepper plants

placed mulch around pepper plants when I put them in the ground about 2 weeks ago......should have waited on the mulch, because we had quite a bit of rain and now pepper foliage is yellowing.............few look bad, like several yellow leaves ...........have removed the mulch yesterday...........will pepper plants recover quickly or should I replant? no more rain in forecast for next several days and have ok drainage.............Thinking to replace the worst ones and leave the rest?

Reply to
gaffer

they'll likely recover.

songbird