Deformed flowers

Hi I am fairly new to having green fingers and seem to have a proble with my Clematis. At first I thought it was slugs due to holes in h leaves but now it has bloomed all of the flowers are deformed, it look like something has been eating away at them but I don't see how that i possible when they have been in bud. Can anybody help me - Kerr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk
Probably there are getting nocturnal visitors such as snails or slugs. Look for a slime trail and treat accordingly for mollusk pests.

Kerry said:

Earwigs have been known to nibble on clematis, especially the white flowered ones. They feed at night and hide during the day.