Deer prevention

Page 3 of 3

like being in the wilderness. It was a subconscious thing.
No not very frequent.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
snipped-for-privacy@embarqmail.com wrote:

consider an electric fence. By fence I mean a wire about 3 feet above the ground and a second wire about 1 foot above the ground. The second wire is for racoons and groundhogs. Smear peanut butter on the wires. Deer and other critters love peanut butter. Once they get shocked a couple times after licking, they stay clear.
This is used by several commercial vineyards near me and they swear by it.
might also try laying fencing down on the ground around the beds. the type of fencing that is wider "holes", green plastic covered fencing. they dont like stepping on it because it "feels" like a leg trap. Ingrid
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:28:19 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"

snipped-for-privacy@embarqmail.com wrote:

I have several of these that I use to protect plants, bird feeders and hummingbird feeders from animals (both wild and domestic). I have been satisfied with the results and no one gets hurt (well - except for the pride of my kitty *wink*).
http://www.pestproducts.com/scarecrow.htm
YMMV
Cheryl Burleson Co. TX Zone 8b