Daylilies and Siberian Iris

I bought some potted daylilies and siberian iris at the local nursery, cheap. The flower bed is not really ready for them yet, but there's a bed in the vegetable garden that's better soil anyway. Can I plant them in the garden now, and then transplant them in the spring? Or do they need to spend a year in the ground where I put them. I really need to get them outta these nursery pots. I'm in zone 4.
Thanks, regards, Bob

They will do fine if you plant them now, and transplant them in the spring. Both are among the most forgiving of plants.
Wendy Sequim, WA (Zone 8)
Hi Bob
You can heel the plants in. Water as per normal. Transplant when the permanent bed is ready.
Derryl in Zone 3A snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca