David H-S "The Monthly"

David I know you are interested in the science of climate change but I don't know if you buy "The Monthly".

If you don't, can I suggest you buy the Augusst 2012 copy as it has a very interesting article in it on the sources, funding and teh mechanics of manipulation of the Denialists.

Depressing reading but so interesting. Depressing because the campaign has been so thorough. Interesting because it follows the money trail through funding to 'cash for comments' scientists, and low level journals. You can no doubt figure out which country and political party set in train this con job and which industries are the funders.

Reply to
Farm1

For those who care it is on line:

Thanks. I was aware of most of this but the author puts it all in one place. The comments at the end are illuminating and indicate the effectiveness of the campaign. Mr Budgie-smugglers is playing to these people and likely to succeed. You might recall a debate on another NG where "Jonno" quoted the (in)famous Fred Singer - there is nothing new. I don't want to have the same OT holy war here so let's leave it at that.

David Hare-Scott

blow me down! Wonder how long before they start charging for it. I was very disappointed when 'Crikey' moved to become commercial and needed a sub.

Indeed. Loathsome specimen that he is. We're going to be thoroughly rooted if that creep and his vile crew get in.

You might recall a debate on another NG where

But at least that artcile now gives lead on the mental picture you should have in place when you read their 'contribution' - old white men ;-))

Reply to
Farm1