dahlias

For yrs I've had great success by digging them up once they've been bitten by the frost, rinsing them off, letting them dry for a few days and then wrapping in plain paper bags and storing them in the garage.

That's OK if your garage remains above about 40F. I gave my sister some cannas and at the end of the season she carefully dug and boxed them. She stored them in her unheated garage in Cleveland where temperatures dip to -20F. Needless to say they didn't make it.

This is where my issue lies..... I have moved, the old house we had an unheated attic to place my tubers, here I have no clue what I am going to do, I may store them in the extra fridge... problem lies when I have more tubers then room in a few years.My garage will get too cold. Colleen Zone 5 CT
what temp is the basement? build a box insulated with foam in the garage. get a cheap electric heater with a thermostat and the box of stuff will stay at the right temp all winter. Ingrid