cuts in a miltonia

I have a miltonia that i have had for a few weeks now. I t has been developing odd tears on its leaves in that they aer perfectly straight. it looks like someone has cut some of the ends of with a pair of scissors, but then there are other straight line cuts just beginning as well. furthermore, some of the leaves are drooping down, althought they are maintaining their color. it is slightly back from a NE facing window and I water it about twiace a week
any thoughts?
if the cuts appear to be down the center of the leaves, lengthwise, then that is because it is likely not getting enough water. In their native habitat, Miltonia are drenched almost daily. They require high humidity, at least 70%, and indirect light or you may scorch the leaves.
the cuts are horizontally, actually. any thoughts?