crabapple problems

I planted a 'prairie fire' crabapple this spring. It was a large burlap-wrapped tree. It bloomed but the blooms were tiny tiny and almost impossible to even notice. I already had a crabapple in my yard and my neighbor has two - all of these are fully leafed out. This stupid tree has tiny leaves that popped out about the same time it bloomed, none are larger than ladybugs and do not appear to be growing any at all. Any ideas?
Hopefully your plant is just taking time to adjust some times larger trees take time to recover from being planted. the best thing to do is to water mulch it properly about the diameter of the trees bower. and feed it . other than that just wait it out it could be living on it's reserves if it was shocked at any point and may just need some tlc. Wait to prune it if it does not make a come back this year than wait until spring and see what it does. if you are really worried consult the person or garden center where you got it and see if they will refund you and you can try again in the spring or plant in the fall after the summer heat but before frost. bood luck I think those are lovely trees.