Corn Plant - House Plant Type - Propagation

I have what I only know as a Corn Plant in my home. I am assuming it is a tropical houseplant. It has done very well since I received it 6 years ago. My question is, I would like to propagate this plant and make another one. I have several stalks coming from the main "trunk" of the plant, including two which are right beside one another. I've had trouble finding information on how to propagate this plant. If anyone has any helpful hints, please let me know. Here are pics of the plant, where you can see the two growing very near each other, I was considering cutting off the trunk and planting, but don't know if this is the proper way to propagate.
http://members.cchat.com/mcelwee/garden/cornplant1.jpg
http://members.cchat.com/mcelwee/garden/cornplant2.jpg
Any help would be appreciated! I love this plant and it was given to me by my husband for an Anniversary, so I would love to be able to make two of a plant that I hold dear!
--
Bunny McElwee
President

Bunny McElwee wrote:

You can cut off the main stalk leaving at least one node above soil level and it will sprout at that node. Then cut up the stalk between nodes and place them horizontal in moist sand buried half way and they should sprout. I used a 9 X 13 glass cake pan and put plastic wrap over it to conserve moisture.
USDA Zone 8b