citric waste

Page 2 of 2

yes, sorry, didn't catch that when i was typing...........thank you sheldon

Let's say that hypothetically, the waste is what's left after making orange juice. Why would using the waste for some other purpose affect the price of the juice you buy?

Maybe not juice, but maybe milk. Like high corn prices have done. "Food into Fuel", the 21st century miracle......... And, they'll still feed the leftover, less nutritional crap to cows.
FPL to Convert Citrus Waste Into Ethanol | Chron.com - Houston ..."That waste is normally converted into animal feed. Our waste product is the animal feed, so the animals don't lose out completely," Stewart said.
Great. So
snipped-for-privacy@intrstar.net says...

My guess is that it won't effect the prices of, say, regular oranges in supermarkets. Because those oranges won't be diverted just for the recycling value of the peels.
My guess is that they will get the material from some juice company.
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /