Christmas Palms have brown Spots on leaves...HELP!

I just bought a bunch of xmas palms and foxtail palms.. I went out of town for 10 day right after buying them and a friend came over and watered them while I was gone..
They all have brown spots on them now.. The foxtail has a brown coating on the stem. I don't know it that's normal or not so I took a picture of it too..
I live in Miami Florida ..
Here is a link to all the pictures.. Click enter on the website to view all 11 pictures..
Please help if you can ...
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?idB87138737
Thanks
can No one help?
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Jason) wrote in message

Hi J Find somewhere to host the images where we don't have to register to view them. Sorry but I get enough spam as it is.
Could be lots of things but we need to see the images first.
-- Gerry www.garden-guide.net ... for responsible gardening
Thanks KM for your reply.. I didn't realize you had to register to view them.. I'll find another place..

Sorry about that.. Here are links to two of the Adonidia leaves at a free no register site.. Thanks for pointing that out to me..
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img8&image=CIMG0452.JPG
http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img9&image=CIMG0456.JPG
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Jason) wrote in message

Well, I don't think I would blame the friend. New plants, change of environment, etc.
Looks like you might have a leafspot disease there but it's probably secondary. ie the leaves got damaged physically allowing a weak disease into the damaged area.
My guess is they got scorched - maybe come out of a shady store onto your bright windowsill?
Forget about sprays or fungicides. Don't water on the leaves, especially if they are in direct sunlight. You'll get a lens effect concentrating the light and burning the leaves. I would expect the new leaves to grow healthy and in due course, the older, damaged ones can be removed.
Beware of spraying air-freseheners etc in the same room.
It's a pain but they should recover given time and care - watering and light feeding, directly into the pot.
-- Gerry www.garden-guide.net ... for responsible gardening
Thanks Gerry... I thought it may have something to do with water on the leaves.. The trees are outside and the sun in Miami is strong..
Although, I had two choices when ordering sungrown or shade grown and I ordered the sungrown..
Thanks for your response...
I'm always open to anyone else's opinions also,.