Chickens in my Garden

There are some chickens tearing up my plants in our garden. I think some one a few houses away got tired of them & now let them run wild. What can I do to keep them out?

One whole chicken 1 gallon water (enough to cover chicken) 1 onion cut in quarters 3 garlic cloves 1 inch of ginger root shredded 2 teaspoons salt 1 pound new potatoes 4 large carrots cut in one inch slices 2 stalks celery cut in one inch slices 1 can baby corn
1. Combine chicken, water, onion, garlic, ginger, and salt in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. (Crockpot can be used but times are longer) 2. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour skimming off oil and fat as needed. 3. Test chicken with a fork to determine when it is tender and fully cooked. 3. Remove the chicken and shred it, removing bones, fat, skin, and gristle. 4. Strain chicken broth. 5. Add vegetables and chicken to chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done. Serve hot.

one
Have a barbeque and invite them as the guests of honor (ie., the main course)!! Seriously, chickens can do a lot of damage to plants, specially young ones, and they dig and scratch a lot as well. We have chickens at the nursery that are allowed to wander at will - the owner is a "bird person" - and they wreak havoc with my backstock. Aside from the BBQ idea, fencing may be your only answer. At least you don't have to deal with peacocks, too. They're like chickens on steroids and their poop is not to be believed!
pam - gardengal

White Flower Farm espouces that their chickens get rid of ticks.......<g> As for Peacock poop,,,,,,,,,,,,now you have me intrigued and wanting to go up to the ridgetop behind me where Mr. Cates peacock I think is (he's the one who has a flock of wild turkey hens as his own....I hear him making those neat jungle cries every day.....kinda neat to hear it and occaisonally see him flying down to the woods just below where I live to round up "his" girls........... madgardener off to werk on a perfect Spring/Summer like day

do
the
person" -

too.