Cats in Flower Bed

Hello, I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, so the Scarecrow Sprinkler isn't an option. Could someone please suggest a cheap alternative? What about a sensor activated silent whistle or something?
--
Sheepdisease

What about keeping your cat indoors.
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:27:20 +0100, Sheepdisease

Thorny branches, sweetgum balls, rue, chicken wire, etc. I use the pruned rose branches under my laceleaf maple tree.
brooklyn1;851332 Wrote: > "Sheepdisease" snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk wrote in message >

> something?-

I hate rose bushes, probably more than cats! What are sweetgum balls and rue? It's too late to use chicken wire.
--
Sheepdisease

Most cats don't like citrus, so I save up my old orange peels (in the freezer) and when I get enough of them, I thaw them out and whir them up in the blender with a little water and pour the solution around the area where I don't want the cats. You have to re-apply from time to time, but it seems to work. Also on newly planted beds, the chicken wire works well, as someone else suggested. Hope this helps