Bulding front wall / flower bed

Dear All

I?ve been looking in the archives and there seems to be a lot of discussion round this topic.

Basically I am going to build a new garden wall/flower bed, varying between 3 & 5 Bricks high. Any recommendations on the depth / width of foundations needed. Also I assume a mix of 4:1 will be appropriate for the concrete foundations (using ballast) and 4:1 mix using builders (soft) sand for all other work?

Any comments are welcome

Many Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Welham