Can Pepper plants winter?

I live in Northern California. It's traditionally cold and wet here in the winter. I've been thinking about moving the pepper plants I have (jalapeno, anaheim and cayenne) indoors. Is this a crazy idea?
That's absolutely demented. You have completely lost your mind. You have flipped your lid. :-)
Pepper plants are annuals.

Pam's right but I'd say that it's really a waste of time and energy unless you have a greenhouse. They like very high light. And even so, they will tend to lose leaves due to the "shock" of moving them indoors. They definately will if you have to dig them and pot them up. You will have to cut them back some. They you will have to play bee to pollinate for fruit which you'll get maybe a few weeks to a month or so ahead of planting new seedlings in the garden in the spring. But if you want to try it, it may work out well for you. Just don't expect continued fruit production if any during winter. Gary

They're container plants. My question was mainly would they survive the winter indoors and then put back out later.
Thanks to all (I think) for the replies.

winter. Had to keep watered and bugs were a problem. Got peppers following year but found it easier to leave pots outside and plant new seedlings in spring. Frank
Lawrence Bullock wrote:

I have had pepper plants for four years. I cut them back when I bring them in in the fall, I spray them for bugs. You do not need bees to polinate pepper plants. In Italy they grow for years in areas where there is no frost .