Can anyone help me ID this yellow flower?

In South Jersey (zone 6) I saw a very pretty yellow flowering plant that the owner said drops lots of seeds every year. The flowers are about 1 inch across and the seeds form under the dying flowers are are roundish and about 1 to 2 mm across.
I posted a picture at
http://pwp.starnetdial.net/bjkass123/flower/yellow.jpg
and would love to know what it is.
Thanks!
Ted snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com
It is one of the Melampodium species. Do a google search to see the various species. Good and reliable plant. Trouble-free.

I believe it may be Melampodium. I planted it in my garden this year and it is blooming beautifully!
Kathy snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Looks like Heliopsis to me, I have it for the butterflies, spreads like crazy here. Colleen Zone 5 CT
It certainly looks like it is Melampodium divaricatum. The flowers are similar to heliopsis, but that wasn't it.
Thanks for your help! I can't wait to plant it next spring and the people who gave me the seeds will be happy to find out what it is.
Ted