Calandrinia Spectabilis

We planted a Calandrinia Spectabilis in a small succulent garden. This thing grows like a weed. It has quadrupled its size in four months and looks set to take over the entire garden. I would like to transplant this from the garden into a planter, then trim the excess off as it hangs over the planter.
Are there any tricks for successfully transplanting this plant?
How deep does the soil need to be? I was thinking of transplating into a concrete bowl that is 21 inch diameter and 8 inch depth in the middle.

Would help to know your growing zone, and if you'd post a picture. There is no reason it can't do well potted, just be sure your concrete planter has good drainage.
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message wrote:

We are in USDA zone 9B, near San Jose, California.
My setup is very close to this image:
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/05/14/annlof/5892fa.jpg
And I am proposing to remove from the ground and transplant into a bowl similar to this one:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/molded-clay-INDUSTRIAL-DECOR-GRAY-BOWL-LARGE-21-IN-DIA-BOWL-NEW-CLAY-BOWL-/00/s/NjMxWDc1MQ ==/$T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebl6BQqJv(G,jQ~~60_3.JPG
So again I am looking for guidance on how to remove the original planting, and on how deep the target bowl needs to be. Basically I am trying to understand how the roots grow and whether they go deep or whether the plant can survive in the small bowl. I'm hoping reduced soil area under the plant will keep it from growing out of control.

Most any plant will eventually outgrow its container and need replanting.
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message wrote:

_3.JPG
I'm trying to understand soil depth requirements of this plant, and tricks to replanting it, not predicting when it will need yet another replanting sometime in the future.