??? Bringing housplants inside ???

Can anyone tell me how to make an insectide to pour into the pots of houseplants that have spent the summer outside, before bringing them into the house for the winter?

Can the same material be used to spray the tops?

Thanks. vince norris

Reply to
vincent p. norris

Go to your nearest swimming pool supply store and purchase a gallon of muriatic acid. Mix equal parts of the muriatic acid and water and drench the soil in your pots.

To make a spray, dilute one part muriatic acid with three parts water.

Any left over muriatic acid makes a great substitute for tonic water when mixed with an equal part of your favorite gin. Add a twist of lemon instead of lime for additional flavor.

Reply to
MollieB

Why does you subject heading say one thing but your text say something completely different?

Unless you are a professional chemist yourself, you should leave the formulating insecticides to the professionals and instead have your fat little legs carry you to a store that sells insecticides for houseplants and get the real thing.

Trying to be Mr. Wizard and concocting your own insecticide is not a good idea and can be potentially dangerous. Don't take any of the hare-brained advice from that snake oil salesman Jerry Baker.

Ideally, you should use a systemic and thoroughly saturate the soil and plants at least a week before moving them indoors.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Go buy some orange oil used in horticultural practices and follow the label directions for drenching the soil and spraying the tops.

escapee

I took my plants in early this year while it was still somewhat warm at night... usually I wait too long and lose all my leaves off my plants. Some make it some don't but this year I have 100% of my plants not dropping leaves and some are actually still have some good growing going on :o) Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

Are you ever concerned that someone may take you seriously? ;-)

Reply to
FACE