Brandywine tomatoes

Page 3 of 3

I wonder where the term "put up" came from. Put up where? On the shelf? I know it means canning, but it's an odd description.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
The review may be of interest.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:16:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

South for many different things.

I started mine from seed this year. Some of the fruit is downright homely but I got a 1lb 4 1/4 oz beauty last weekend. Best tomato I've ever eaten! I have the seeds from it fermenting on the sink for next year!
Seahag
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:07:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I've had some better foliage and tomatoes when I sprayed the foliage using skim milk in water. I used a half cup powdered milk to the gallon and used this regularly. It cuts way down on mildew and other problems. You can use skim milk out of the carton as well. Then, I mix a cup with a gallon of water and put it in my pump up sprayer. This method is useless in a hose end sprayer.
Yes, there is nothing like a Brandywine.

I heard the same thing about a baking soda & water mixture. Throws the pH in a direction that nasties aren't comfortable with. I've only tried it with cucumbers. Seems to work.