Black Walnut trees removal & disposal

After living with quite a number of large B.W. trees in my 1 1/2 year old new home, I have decided several need to be removed. They are just too darn messy, and I'm having some trouble with plants within their driplines.
Since all are fully leafed out now, and already dropping nuts, I envision a pretty huge pile of grindings when the tree guys come.
If I decide to leave all these grindings on my property somewhere, to compost into future usable soil enrichment, will these composted grindings be toxic to other plantS, or are the walnut toxins only produced while the trees are alive?
Also, I will have a bunch of logs, some maybe over 2' diameter. Would these be of any value other than making several winter's worth of firewood?
David in MD
newsreader wrote:

Black walnut lumber is very valuable and you would do better looking for someone to buy the trees and remove them for you.

You will encounter the same antigrowth toxins from the dead stuff as you will from the live trees. See above.

Used mostly for gun stocks and furniture David, very valuable wood. I brokered a sale of 10,000 board feet a number of years ago and the owner made out like a bandit. Check around in your area for folks who might be interested in buying them.
George
We sold 4 huge BW many many years ago from a property we had in PA. The company that bought them wanted to lease the land for a few more years that they were on so we worked that out as well. They installed chainlink fence around them, and they had a company they hired by them to maintain the trees for 5 more years, until they finally harvested them.......They were destined for the gunstock market. For what we got for those 4 trees and the rent on the ground they grew out of, I would like to have a few more like that to sell....Money was very good.
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:59:57 -0500, George Shirley

I wonder if posting this in rec.woodworking might generate some interest for the OP's trees.
If you want to sell them to a lumber yard to use make sure they are not cut shorter than 7 feet for processing. Elaine

Step away from the trees David. You don't have a problem, you have an opportunity. Like others have said, find a local woodworker. When he gets done salivating, he'll offer you a price. He may even want to dig out the root burls. If rec.woodworking doesn't get you anyone, try Woodmiser.com. They have a list of woodmiser sawmill owners. Bob

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:30:12 GMT, "The Other Funk"

Those roots have some fantastic patterns and are also worth money so don't grind them up, The other funk has it dead on.......every inch of a walnut is worth $$$$$

Are they walnut logs? I certainly would not burn em.