Bio-grow and hydroponics

Hi,

I'm looking at starting up something in hydroponics. Just a small project to see how it goes. I've been reading a bit and looking at what nutrients to buy. My "local" hydroponics supplier sell bio-grow for hydroponics. This stuff, however, form what I can gather was designed for soil growth, although it does say on the manufacture's website "can be used with drip irrigation systems", which seams to indicate suitability for hydroponics as does the manufacture's email when I asked them about it. However, being new to this I'm still a bit unsure mainly because what I have read say that hydroponics systems need a special mix of nutrients that differs from the normal plant food mix for plants in soil. If I can use this bio-grow in hydroponics, why can't I use any old plant feed?

Does anyone have experience using this product in hydroponics? Does it work well?

Thanks for your time.

see:

isenhand