bineweed

Who is this "we?" Voices?

Any pathogen, insect, mite, true bug, or weed is a pest. Do some research if you know how. Pesticide is a term to describe an array of different chemicals to treat pest problems. That includes herbicides. Geesh, do some research.

Plants which are pests are what herbicides are designed to kill. I wouldn't spray my vast collection of brugmansia or datura.

I didn't say they are the same. I said herbiceds, insecticides, and miticides are sub-categories of pesticides.

Oh, I'm talking to you this time. Go round and round with that now.

Crackers are bread. Cars are trucks. A digital watch is a computer, so you should be able to type a resum using a digital watch.
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:23:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Crackers fall into the grain category. Cars and trucks are both automobiles. Digital watches and computers are electronics.
How 'bout this example for what Jangchub is saying, "Cars are vehicles, but not all vehicles are cars." Oh, never mind. I suspect you're playing dense just to be obstinate.
Jangchub wrote:

Another way of saying it: Pesticides and herbicides are all dangerous chemicals more appropriately applied to agriculture where productivity is essential than to horticulture. To me it makes no sense to escalate a minor problem of aesthetic appearance in your garden because of misplaced plants or a few bug bites to an issue of health due to dangerous chemicals.
But that's just me. Obviously, most others think otherwise.
If you're interested in this type of analysis, you can see more at weedtwister.com.
------ Peace
I grow morning glorys and they can spread just as fast and far as blindweed. The jackribbits here in the high mojave desert love to eat both of them.
--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

It's also called field bindweed. I have a few bindweed vines that try to grow in my yard each year and I quickly pull them out with my weed twister.
I've been told by an expert (Dr. Tom Lanini, UC Davis) that the roots of bindweed are connected to a deep network of roots that cover a large area. I showed Tom how my weed twister can easily pull out deep or shallow bindweed roots very thoroughly, but he wasn't impressed. Nonetheless, in my home garden, I've been able to keep this stubborn weed in check each year by twisting out a few new sprouts of bindweed as soon as I spot them. If you catch them early, as Jangchub advises, the work is minimal.
Go for the roots!
RayCruzer
----- A little work ain't going to kill ya!