bineweed

I was a professional grower for one of the largest operations in the east coast with over a million sq. ft. under glass. Pesticides include insecticides, herbicides and miticides. This is accurate information so I think best you do some research before telling me I am spreading misinformation. Now go do your treasonous posting.

Reply to
Jangchub

Now we know why you said "was".

A pesticide is "a substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals. But, by definition it doesn't harm the plant or animal."

A herbicide is "a substance that is toxic to plants and is used to destroy unwanted vegetation."

So not only are they not the same, they can't be the same by definition.

By the way, what does "I am not talking to you" mean. You by definition "is used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing." So to say "I am not talking to you" is absolutely meaningless.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:21:25 -0400, Stephen Henning wrote: =

Who is this "we?" Voices?

Any pathogen, insect, mite, true bug, or weed is a pest. Do some research if you know how. Pesticide is a term to describe an array of different chemicals to treat pest problems. That includes herbicides. Geesh, do some research.

Plants which are pests are what herbicides are designed to kill. I wouldn't spray my vast collection of brugmansia or datura.

I didn't say they are the same. I said herbiceds, insecticides, and miticides are sub-categories of pesticides.

Oh, I'm talking to you this time. Go round and round with that now.

Reply to
Jangchub

Crackers are bread. Cars are trucks. A digital watch is a computer, so you should be able to type a resumé using a digital watch.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Crackers fall into the grain category. Cars and trucks are both automobiles. Digital watches and computers are electronics.

Reply to
Jangchub

Reply to
SoozieCue

Another way of saying it: Pesticides and herbicides are all dangerous chemicals more appropriately applied to agriculture where productivity is essential than to horticulture. To me it makes no sense to escalate a minor problem of aesthetic appearance in your garden because of misplaced plants or a few bug bites to an issue of health due to dangerous chemicals.

But that's just me. Obviously, most others think otherwise.

If you're interested in this type of analysis, you can see more at weedtwister.com.

------ Peace

Reply to
raycruzer