Best Time To Pull Clover

I have some clover in my lawn that I'd like to get rid of. I don't use chemicals, so I am wondering when is the best time to pull it out to reduce the chance of it coming back next year. I have been reading that it is a perennial, and if you can catch it before it goes to seed, you can get it under control. I live in Virginia. Thanks for any help.
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:59:09 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

next year, lay out some lime. That should reduce it. You probably should have your soil tested for the ph to know how much lime to put down.
Thunder