Bell Pepper Spot

My first attempt at peppers. I have a couple of bell pepper plants that are fruiting. I have had two of them that have developed a tissue thin brown spot on them.
Is this something that just happens, and I've never seen it before because peppers with spot never make it to Safeway?
--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.

Could be a larva living inside the pepper, I've seen where they will eat the flesh right up to the skin without breaking through.
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:18:12 GMT, against all advice, something

Guess it could be. I'm not using any pesticides.
--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.

You can just cut away that portion and use the rest.
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:17:38 GMT, against all advice, something

That's what I did.
--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.

Did you find the worm? It wouldn't be very big and it would probably be hidden in the seedy core, perhaps burrowed inside the fleshy part waiting to pupate, you probably didn't notice. There are pepper maggots that can look like the pepper seeds. http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/444/444-005/444-005.html
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:49:24 GMT, against all advice, something

No, not in either one of them. But I did seed it well before I put it into the salad.
It's just protein, yes.
--

Sunburn. To protect peppers from sunburn, pinch plants to encourage leaf growth. http://coststudies.ucdavis.edu/files/bellpeppers.pdf
--

- Billy

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:23:53 -0700, against all advice, something

That's an interesting document, thank you.
I'm going with the "bugs on the inside" theory, though. Were it sunburn, you'd expect to see it on all the bells, and I don't. Plus, on further inspection, the brown patch actually looks nibbled on the edges of the inside half.
Plus, when I asked my girlfriend about it, she said, "Oh yeah, you can get that."