Beans

Planted some Garden Beans for the first time, had a couple meals, pretty good. Now, the remaining beans are really though, like I left 'em on the vine too long.

If I harvest all these toughies, will more tender ones appear? Or have these plants run their course.

(BTW, if'n you're in the midwest USA, and haven't had some sweet corn, go now and get some!)

Reply to
DirtBag

If the leaves and stem have turned brown, it is all over. If the leaves and stems are still green, pick off ripe crop, and water in a little bone meal. Hopefully, there will be more beans.

Reply to
Billy

Are they still flowering? If so you will get more beans.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Correct. But at this point. in the Midwest, don't bet the rent.

Tony M.

Reply to
Tony

Well then, if the snap beans are too matureshell out the tender baby beans inside and cook those. Should be delicious.

Go for it. There's a good chance another flush of beans will occur.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

That you left all those beans to mature is why your plants stopped producing. When beans are harvested young and often then there is no reason they shouldn't remain productive til first hard frost.

Reply to
brooklyn1