Banana trees are great house plants

A month ago I got some Banana trees I bought from a company at http://eburgess.com/detail.asp?pid 89&nav=hps, they grow fast. You can actually see them grow. These are indoor only plants and come in small starter pots that need to be transplanted when you get them. In three years you get 5 inch bananas. They only cost $3.99 each, 2 for $7.50 or 3 for $10.50. I got three.
I thought someone might be interested.
After I ordered these I found some outdoor Banana trees that grow good up to the Texas Oklahoma state line so I bought two 3 year old plants. I got them Friday and planted them Saturday. I didn't check them until today and they have already grown a little. I'm happy. You can see them at http://www.willisorchards.com/product/Raja+Puri+Banana+Plant
There is a map on each plant page that shows a colored area where they will grow well. The kind I got is wind resistant.
I think I'll drive to town and get a banana split.
Mysterious Traveler
"Mysterious Traveler" wrote:

Bananas don't grow on trees, they grow on herbaceous plants.
--= Best Bananas =--
What to do with those extra bananas before they over ripen; freeze! Remove peel, roll banana in waxed paper, twist ends and place in freezer. This makes a wonderful healthful treat, loved by kids and adults alike... especially nice to watch the gals tackle one. heheh

Why is it especially nice to watch gals tackle one, heheh, Shelly?
--

- Billy