Aphids

Looking for recommendations on a commercial product to rid my rose bushes of aphids. Them little suckers are back already. I've tried a number of home remidies with little to no success, incl spraying them off with water - next?

Reply to
Grandpa

Consider ladybugs and their larvae!!!

Most home remedies are a complete waste of time and money.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

I've tried various methods to eradicate aphids on my roses. I still have a row of garlic planted that comes up every year, then falls over into dormancy in the summer heat. Garlic may repel some things, but it is not effective (in my case) against aphids. You could increase the ladybug population, but this too can have limited effectiveness. I use a rose systemic (either Ortho or Bayer) and these are very effective and very easy to apply. If you don't like the use of a systemic, you could use insecticidal soap or malathion but you will need to reapply these from time to time. My biggest rose concern right now is prevention of black spot!

Reply to
Phisherman

How about using a wet rag to remove them by hand?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Reply to
Grandpa

Safer soap. horticultural oil; high pressure water,...this is an easy one to get rid of.

Reply to
Mike LaMana