Aphids

Looking for recommendations on a commercial product to rid my rose bushes of aphids. Them little suckers are back already<sigh>. I've tried a number of home remidies with little to no success, incl spraying them off with water - next?
Consider ladybugs and their larvae!!!
Most home remedies are a complete waste of time and money.
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:55:25 -0700, Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote:

I've tried various methods to eradicate aphids on my roses. I still have a row of garlic planted that comes up every year, then falls over into dormancy in the summer heat. Garlic may repel some things, but it is not effective (in my case) against aphids. You could increase the ladybug population, but this too can have limited effectiveness. I use a rose systemic (either Ortho or Bayer) and these are very effective and very easy to apply. If you don't like the use of a systemic, you could use insecticidal soap or malathion but you will need to reapply these from time to time. My biggest rose concern right now is prevention of black spot!
How about using a wet rag to remove them by hand?

I've better things to do than inspect each and every stem of my rose bushes. Grandchildren for one and loads of other projects, theus the need for a product that really works. I spent almost an hour 2 nights ago squashing them by hand. I think my fingers found more thorns than aphids<G>.
Cereus-validus wrote:

Safer soap. horticultural oil; high pressure water,...this is an easy one to get rid of.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC