Any indoor plant watering machines/gadgets?

Hi,
In my flat, I have a 3 meter tall 'money tree'. It's very beautiful, but sadly it's loosing a lot of leaves, mostly because it isn't being regularly watered. I spend a couple of weeks, most months, away from London, and my neighbor is forgetful, so doesn"t always remember to water the plant.
I could design and build a system to water the plant myself, but there is no tap nearby and I don't really have the time at the moment.
Is there any *indoor* plant watering 'gagets' / machines that don't need to be attached to a running water supply, that cost less than GBP () 250, and can store & deliver a minimum of 2 liters over a period of 2 weeks.
Also let me know, is there any machine that is designed to generate 'mist' from stored water for house plants, as this is important for keeping tropical plants healthy.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Tom.
--
tjrundy

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:25:06 +0100, tjrundy

I just saw a water-filled tank with a very slow drip tube to a plant. Not sure if a money tree would like that, though. Get a friend/neighbor to water once a week.
Another idea is to put plants in a bathtub with wicks to the pots. I havn't tried this, but have seen it work in a bathroom with bright light. Kept the plants alive for 4 weeks. But, some plants are quite fussy about an environment change.

How long does it take for a plastic soda bottle with a pin hole in it to drain?
tjrundy wrote:

http://www.groworganic.com/item_WMX750_Water_Spike_Pack_of_6.html
tjrundy wrote:??> Hi,??> ??> In my flat, I have a 3 meter tall 'money tree'. It's very beautiful,??> but sadly it's loosing a lot of leaves, mostly because it isn't being??> regularly watered. I spend a couple of weeks, most months, away from??> London, and my neighbor is forgetful, so doesn"t always remember to??> water the plant.??> ??> I could design and build a system to water the plant myself, but there??> is no tap nearby and I don't really have the time at the moment.??> ??> Is there any *indoor* plant watering 'gagets' / machines that don't??> need to be attached to a running water supply, that cost less than GBP??> () 250, and can store & deliver a minimum of 2 liters over a period of??> 2 weeks.??> ??> Also let me know, is there any machine that is designed to generate??> 'mist' from stored water for house plants, as this is important for??> keeping tropical plants healthy.??> ??> Many thanks in advance for your help??> ??> Tom.????http://www.soilmoist.com/index.ph p??