After lawn aeration...

now what ?? I have all these dirt plugs all over the lawn. Thank you.
Add pictures here
✖
JackRabbit wrote:

They are fine just where they are.

USDA Zone 8b
✖
My question should have been more specific. Should I top dress the lawn with anything, or break up the plugs, etc
Not sure if this is important, but i aerated because I have awful drainage. New house with a typical builders lot.
thanks again.

Add pictures here
✖
JackRabbit wrote:

You don't *have to* do anything. Fall is the best time to do most of the work, but if what you've got is in really crappy shape, and you don't mind extra work that wouldn't have as much payback as in the fall, there are lots of things that you could do. Top-dressing with some compost, and over-seeding, for example.
You could rake-up the plugs, but there's no advantage to doing it unless it bothers you that it looks like there's dog crap all over your yard. Soon enough, the plugs will break down all by themselves. And if the top couple of inches was the only halfway decent soil you had to begin with, why get rid of the plugs of it?
In most climates, you get the most bang for your buck for the work you do on you lawn in the window between the summer heat and the fall rains. So if you have other things that need attention now -- amending planting beds, for example -- you may want to put your energy into that, and plan for a busy fall.
And if the neighbors say anything about all the plugs laying there, just tell them your dog got into the pantry, and found two 40-lb bags of dog food before you were able to stop him from eating. (You won't have to worry about them walking on your lawn after that!)
--
Warren H.

==========
✖

lots
He's *right* you **Don't** have to ¢¢¢do¢¢¢ anything you $$$$don't$$$$ want to.
In fact, Buddhist reductionism suggests you £££give£££ up on the silly symbols. That is, ??? unless ??? it really turns your crank.
More at 11.
Add pictures here
✖
JackRabbit wrote:

Sand. It will fill the holes and promote drainage

USDA Zone 8b
✖

After core aeration I always then top dress with compost and the plugs melt down when it rains or when it gets watered.
✖