Acer Campestre - Proximity to House

Hello all you tree experts out there!
Our developer planted three Acer Campestre close to our house when i was built eight years ago. These are now fifteen feet tall. I a wondering if they are a threat to the house foundations or to a stor drain which runs below.
I am happy to prune the tree to keep its size in check but wonder i anyone has experience or knowledge of the root system. Thanks
-- Linden

While many species of maples can develop a lot of surface roots, the root system as a whole is not aggressive and should pose no threat to foundations or storm drains. How close to the house is close?
pam - gardengal
Linden Wrote:

My policy is never to plant closer to dwelling house foundations tha twice the expected ultimate height of the tree to be planted
-- Plantsman