Subject Author Posted Replies

Bang Bang Bang........Back to Work, Bill!
"Silent Spring" was my wakeup call those many years ago. Lost my copy at school and scarce remember the content, but she was the one who started it for me....she and John & Jane with TMEN. Care Ya'll...
2
2

Azomite
Has anyone ever used this as a soil amendment? Friend of mine was telling me about it and is doing a trial on his pasture to see how the pasture *and* the cattle respond. It sounds OK, just lookin'...
2
2

One More Humor Break.... (Warning ...Mildly risque)
After a sweaty day in the garden a shower is nice. The missus and I nearly wet ourselves over this one, from the same colleague that suggested I need classes. Charlie...
4
4

Geranium
Hi, My geraniums are growing very tall. Is there a reason? Please let me know. Thanks
3
3

Tomatoes are in & Red Mulch
I've got the tomatoes in the ground finally (I've got to grab two more, I've got two more spots!). I've got all different kinds out there, Big Rainbow, Boxcar Willie, Cherokee Purple, Lillians Yellow,...
5
5

Break Time.... Humourous Interlude
Sent to me by a colleague....what is she tryin' to say, huh? CHarlie ------------------------- FALL CLASSES FOR MEN REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY Monday, October 23, 2007 NOTE: DUE TO THE...
3
3

ID help: tree, and red spikes on leaves
Hi all, I need some help identifying the kind of tree outside my house planted by the city several years ago. More importantly I'd like to know what those ugly "red spikes" on some of the leaves are....
5
5

Help Wanted: Landscape Foreperson & Gardening Supervisor
LANDSCAPER AND GARDENER WANTED Tried of working with chemicals at a job where you are not appreciated? You need to work with us! We have 2 openings for Planting/Construction Supervisor and Gardening...

kids in the garden.....
Here's one for all you gardeners: A lighter story with no chemicals involved!! (joke, although i do love reading those debates!) Had the kids out in the garden with me this morning. As we were...
3
3

ID Help! "fuzzy" flowers
My sister bought a house in Zone 6a (NW New Jersey) in Dec., and I convinced her to NOT rip everything out until we got a chance to see what the previous owners had planted. Good thing- she LOVES her...
2
2

Cheaper Lawn Fertiliser?
Can anybody suggest a source for lawn fertiliser at a sensible price? Boxes of stuff like Evergreen are all very well, but I need at least 4 to feed my lawn just once and I can't help feeling that...
19
19

Can animal and plants be possessed by ghosts?
The answer to the above is scietifically reasoned out in the below link. on all. Seek Divine Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich...
3
3

Any weeds that you kind of like and let grow for a while?
For me, it's the johnny jump-ups trying to take over my vegetable garden. I pull up a few that are unavoidably in the way, but mostly I work around them -- at least until they've set seeds for next...
27
27

Container size for eggplant
I got a 4 pack of eggplant to throw in the garden this year but I've never grown eggplant before. I grow cucumbers in 20 gallon tubs and they do well. Do eggplants need a similar sized container or...
5
5

Daily Bang....Frankenflowers
There appears to be no end to the onslaught. Charlie BART ZIEGLER Daily Herald May 27, 2007 Petunias that survive frost. Impatiens that shrug off drought. Disease-free geraniums. They sound like dream...