Subject Author Posted Replies

Baker Creek
Went there Sunday. Did about four hours of pickin and singin. Had a great time, but it was HOT. I took three each two-liter frozen bottles of water and two smaller ones. They got me through the day....
2
2

Seeds to share
I've got breadseed poppies, little single orange poppies, Angelica gigas, Dracocephalum moldavica (thanx, Amos!), and will have calendulas a bit later on, to share with anyone who might want some....
19
19

Help! Tomatoes under attack!
Just in the past couple of days I've gone out to the garden and discovered a rash of half-eaten tomatoes: so far it's been mainly plum and cherry, but one of lower hanging Black Krim (two thirds of...
5
5

Looking for specific plant
Need your help, About 12 years ago someone gave me a thick/green leaf and instructed me to 1) score the back of the leaf with my fingernail and 2)place the leaf in a glass of water until roots...
3
3

The benefits of Papaya
and if it comes from Hawaii it might come with its own GMO inserted viral genes. ahhh.... the plights of monoculture and monogenetics. Ingrid
5
5

Best option to cover beds (mulch/pebble?)
Your first impulse is the best one here. Lay the weed suppressan material and then a good thick timber mulch is hard to beat. If you la it 6" thick it won't be long before it's 4" thick due to the rai...
10
10

Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer
Just came across this information on preventing and killing emerald ash borers. I live in Michigan and we are getting infested all over in our area. Trees are dying everywhere and our local...
105
105

Food Miles and eating locally...
Hmm, not so simple a choice as it seems... That Travels Well By JAMES E. McWILLIAMS Published: August 6, 2007 Austin, Tex. THE term ?food miles? ? how far food has traveled before you buy it ? has...
6
6

"Dark Earth Soils used by the tribes of the Amazon"
ANNOUNCEMENT Aug 2007: E-seminar in "Dark Earth Soils used by the tribes of the Amazon" Venue: who provide a brief self-introduction can receive a free "2007 Guest Account") or subscribe for...

It's Raining!
And there's a great sucking noise coming from the garden! Yippee!! Seahag Annapolis, MD
9
9

This blue flower
Can someone identify this blue flower growing wild in a friend's garden in Texas? http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1480/6291684/12224299/269852704.jpgThanks
8
8

man arrested for compost pile
did y'all hear about this? Man Arrested for Illegally Composting Horse Manure by: Erin Ryder, News Editor August 01 2007 Article # 10117 A Loxahatchee Groves, Fla., man has been arrested by...
17
17

Riding lawn mower problem
I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My...
2
2

Chrerry Tree Infested w/ Ants or Termites?
Hi, I've got a large cherry tree that's infested with either termites or carpenter ants. I noticed at the bottom of tree what appeared to be sawdust, cleaned it up and the next day it was back. Today...
23
23

Suggestions for mildew-resistant lilacs
I am looking to add a lilac or two to my garden. I have a common lilac which has been susceptible to mildew. Are there lilacs that are less susceptible? I'd appreciate any recommendations. Any size...