Subject Author Posted Replies

Present ideas for my parents anniversary.
Hi all, it's my parents 35th wedding anniversary coming up and I wante to get them a plant for their garden. 35 years is traditionally Coral and more recently Jade so I was hoping to find a plant...
6
6

Comfrey -- to move or not move...
Okay, opinions please... I have a Comfrey plant that someone gave me in June. It was a feeble little thing when I got it but now it is like a show plant -- absolutely huge, lush and vivid dark green....
7
7

Weeping Willow - Salix
I'm new to the forum and not an expert gardener. Can anyone help explai why a 10 year old weeping willow has died. It has been healthy an undisturbed, but all this years new growth has died. The onl...
5
5

milkweed woes
finally got rid of the ants caring for the aphids.Have noticed a drastic reduction in the little yellow buggers. Now I notice this funny orange and black insect on my plants. Yup, the milkweed bugs...
2
2

Window Box
Hullo there chinas, How yeez aw daien?? Im lookin for a wee bit of help and advice............. I currently reside in a high-riser in the Gorbals, in Glasgow. For my 38th birthday there, my good lady...

One more beet recipe
One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest bits. (peel if using large or older beets). Grate beets on a fine blade on the device of your choice (I use a Mouli grater). Place in pan...
5
5

Helping a plumeria to branch.
I have two plumerias, and as you can see from my location, am not in an ideal place for these plants. There are each more than six or seven years old. The oldest (which I got at a plant show as a...

Can you tell me what this plant is ? Picture
Could some one please post back telling me what this plant is. I cut i off a bush this moring and would really like to know? Thanks Ia -- Iain_tk
2
2

Brown leaves causing trouble?
I was recently told that when leaves begin turning brown on the edges, the leaf actually draws more water than if the brown dead parts are trimmed off. That didn't make much sense to me since the...
5
5

How to plant vines around base of vertical columns on concrete
Hello, We have several columns in our backyard that support both open and closed awnings. All of the columns rest on concrete around an in- ground pool. We are wanting to plant some vines at the base...
3
3

Should I cut the eop off?
I have a Sutherland Gold Elder shrub that I planted last year as a young shrub. This year it has not branched out but gone straight up over 6 feet tall. Should I cut the top off to make it branch out...
2
2

Worms for indoor plants?
I have several very large pots with plants indoors. The soil looks very packed down. I don't really want to replace the soil as it is very messy and dificult in these big pots. I was wondering if...
3
3

yellow wax beans - how many pickings?
hoe mnay "pickings" do people get from yellow wax beans? my current planting yielded magnificently first time; llittle less 2nd time; then almost nohing. is this normal? so. calif coastal tia...
2
2

Start planning for fall planting
You might still be mopping you brow under a broiling August sun, but it's already time to be making plans for fall planting. For me, and for many other garden lovers, this is one of the most enjoyable...
1
1

How To Deal With Black Spot Leaf Disease
You may ever have trouble and don't know what to do when your plants have disease. Here is the video clip showing how to handle with black stot leaf disease. Please click to this link: Spot Leaf Sorry...
1
1