Subject Author Posted Replies

How to get rid of clover that's taking over the lawn???
It began last year with a small patch of clover and now it's a major problem taking over the entire front lawn. It also attracts deer that eat the clover and they then eat the shrubs for desert. How...
9
9

Rachel Causton
Our garden is not far from the river and the bottom of the garden often floods. It is also quite shaded by trees. We have a small fence running along the bottom which I would like to plant to give...
1
1

groundcover for streambank
Hello, I recently moved into a home that has a stream on the western end of the property. It has never flooded over according to the neighbors, but it does have a rather sharp 5 foot drop off, which...
6
6

On viewing trash and degradation
I guess it has a lot to do with how we think of the place or world we live in. As a child I was torn apart by the notion that the spring bubbling up was safe to enjoy over at my Aunt and Uncles . When...
1
1

Maple Tree dead???
Hi all, I am a VERY inexperienced gardener, in fact, it would be safe to say, my hands have never planted a bulb! The extent of my endeavors has been to drag the mower back and forth occasionally when...
5
5

Sick Gardenia
Something happened to my 50 year old gardenia bush last fall or winter. I am not sure what variety I have. I can provide pictures if helpful. During that time, the plant dropped most of the large...
8
8

Plant Identification
Please can you help me? I have recently moved into a new house and there is a large bush / tree in the corner but I do not know what it is. This is the link to the flower on the plant (which is in...
7
7

Plants that Dogs dont like
Hi all Im brand new to the forum Hopefully will be asking lots of questions Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them?? Thanx...
8
8

Plant Selection at Big Box Stores
Wandered through a local big box over the weekend.. looking for plants (lowes) Noticed they have they Easter displays out, some really nice potted hydrangeas. I raise big leafed hydrangeas myself......
4
4

How easy is it to plant a tree?
Quite often Im asked a variation on the same question. Sometimes the question is asked by visitors to my nursery; other times I find the question in my e-mail from a reader of this column. And...
12
12

Gardengal
Gardengal, my argument with you wasn't personal. It was with the facts. Lord knows I've been on the dirty end of the stick enough time but each time I learned from it (I think I have, anyway) and...
25
25

question about river birch/kousa dogwood
Hi group, We ordered two trees from a local landscaping company who also installed them for us. We didn't know of the variety of these two trees. We showed them pictures that we took of the trees we...
13
13

The White House Garden
It's so encouraging that the White House has broken ground for a kitchen garden. This is a growing trend as you all know. A great school, family and/or community project would be to grow the same...

Can anyone identify this plant?
Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.paramind.net/plant1.jpg
5
5

Hi New to thie forum Need advice
Going on holiday and dont trust anyone with watering garden pots etc was looking at hozelock for a irigation system . Would realy appreciate feedback if its any good heard storys of it coming off the...