$1.99 roses

I bought 5 of 'em. They looked so pitiful, I couldn't just leave them there to die. Grade 1 1/2, bare roots wrapped in plastic bags, and they've been laying on the shelf sideways in the store for way too long. (so they have long, pale shoots growing the wrong direction.)

If they have any roots, I should be able to nurse most of them to health. I just don't know if they'll bloom this year or not.

I wonder if I should plant them upright, or maybe tip the crown 30° to

45° so the new growth will be sort of going upwards instead of straight sideways?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob