winter crops

I live in XXtreme SW Utah at about 3700' elevation. I'm right in those tight bands of zone numbers. The temperatures vary from year to year.
Tomorrow, I'm going out to till up the mess that is currently the garden, and make ready for winter. I'm going to put about 20 bags of "stuff" into the garden. I do have a 4' tall north wall to break the wind. I am going to run a shunt off my house water so I can water in the winter, as the ag water is turned off when it freezes. What can be grown in the winter?
Steve

I'm in your area, and planting cabbage, carrots, lettuce, onions, peas, garlic, and various cover crops. I think you can plant potatoes, too--they'll get a nice jump start in the spring. --S.
At your elevation, isn't a bit late for planting winter crops? When is your first frost, and how much snow do you get up there?

Our weather varies here. Mid September is first frost. Snow varies from none to last winter when we had 14". Usually, just a couple of dustings. Gets down to the high teens or low twenties. Not bad winters.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Try hear http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/index.html or http://www.usna.usda.gov/SiteMap_USNA.html
--