Will grape tomatoes ripen off vine?

We're getting every so close to our first frost (Tennessee). I've brought in many regular tomatoes to ripen in the kitchen window. I have a TON of green grape tomatoes out there. Will they ripen if I pick them green like regular tomatoes?

Reply to
Sam

Yep.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I put them in a basket so that they get air and set them in a cool, dark place (the corner of my kitchen ;-).

When I have a bunch, I put down a towel, then a news paper, then a layer of tomatoes, then repeat until the top layer is tomatoes.

To harvest, I pick up a towel to get to the next layer. The news paper keeps the tomatoes form getting down into the towel, and keeps the rotten ones from making such a mess. The towel lets me pick up a layer at a time.

All of this goes into milk crates so that it can breath around the edges.

Reply to
CanopyCo