White stuff on the snap bean leaves

My wife would like to know what ails her snap beans. The tops of the leaves look like some graffiti artist cleaned out the nozzle of his white spray can in the vicinity.
http://cpacker.org/a1.jpg
shows her row of seven pots.
http://cpacker.org/a2.jpg
is a close-up of a couple of the worst-affected leaves.
I tried to do a Web search on this, but wasn't able even to begin zeroing in on anything relevant.
-- Charles Packer http://cpacker.org/whatnews mailboxATcpacker.org
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:58:17 -0700, Charles Packer

My first guess is spider mites. Look for tiny insects on the back of the leaves.
--
Susan N.

Charles Packer said:

Looks like spider mite damage to me, too.
Been hot and dry where you are?