Flowering Woodbine - Dusty Stuff on Leaves

We planted flowering woodbine this year. Everything appears well - there's new growth and flowers are beginning to appear. I do notice that spme of the leaves are looking a little ratty - many are covered with white, dusty powdery stuff and other leaves are browning and look ready to fall off. It looks like the plant has an infection?? of some sort, and I'm sure I need to spray the leaves with something to kill off whatever's attacking the leaves.

Anyone know what this affliction is and know of a good spray to kill it off?

Thanks,

Bob P.

Reply to
AuralFeast

You have powdery mildew, a fairly common affliction for many forms of honeysuckle. A full sun location with adequate watering will help. You can also treat it with any of the common PM treatments - the Cornell formula, Neem oil, etc., but I find it is easiest to select a honeysuckle cultivar that is less prone to this problem. It will be an annual, ongoing battle.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam