Which Green Manure

Hi
I am looking at overwintering my plots with a green manure. I tried this a couple of years ago. I found however that when it came to digging it into the soil it was very difficult, and it kept growing back.
Does anyone know of a green manure that I can just chop down and leave the foliage on the surface to decompose with no risk of it growing back. i.e. the process of chopping the foliage effectively will kill the plant and the roots will decompose in-situ and the foliage on the surface.
Thanks.
--
anthony123hopki

Cover with newspaper, or cardboard which, in turn, should be covered with 3" to 4" of mulch (leaves, straw, ect.).
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and
anthony123hopki wrote:

Not knowing what your winter is like it is hard to guess.
Try a rural feed/seed store. You want something that is an annual that suits your winter. You keep control of it by cutting it (or the heads at least) before the seeds are mature. The plant will die of its own accord and unless you let some seeds escape you wan't have any more next year. Oats, rye or millet are possibilities if they fit your climate.
David