when are these ripe

Hi I've planted Black Krim and Aunt Ruby's German Green tomatoes for the first time, how do I tell when they are ripe? Some of the Black Krims are reddish black with green on top, the German Greens are all dark green. What do these types look like when ripe? Thank you
Barbara
Quoting barbara beardsley:

ARGG will go from a whitish green, then on to the darker green you describe; finally it will start showing some amber undertone, with just a bit of a darker blush on the bottom around the blossom scar.
What you've described for Black Krim sounds about right.
Both of these are fairly juicy tomatoes and should feel like it when you squeeze them gently. If they don't feel quite ripe to you, they are probably not.

Barbara,
The Black Krim will lose the green shoulders. Aunt Ruby's will turn a paler shade of green with possibly a hint of yellow. Both excellent tomatoes, two varieties of the dozen or so heirloom tomatoes that we have grown for the past eight or ten years.
Ross Southern Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b 4317'15" North 8013'32" West To email, remove the obvious from my address.